Applications have closed
Information Security & Fraud Manager
Security & Fraud Manager required for market leading telecommunications organisation. In order to be successful in this role, you will identify and contribute to a range of security initiatives within the organisation and in relevant external organisations and standards bodies. A key responsibility is to provide programme management support and subject matter expertise within the organisation’s Security team and within the member led Fraud and Security Group (FASG). Responsibilities include providing the necessary operational capabilities and support to the projects of the Industry Security team and of the FASG.
You will keep senior management and FASG members updated on progress against agreed objectives via regular reporting. You will also maintain process and procedural documents, to ensure transparency and compliance with company policies.
As a representative of the organisation, you will successfully manage stakeholders by building and maintaining strong relationships with the organisation’s members (especially those within FASG), other working groups, programme teams, and business partners. The expectation is that establishing and maintaining productive relationships will provide avenues for development and promotion of the organisation’s security capabilities and FASG initiatives, with regular communication of these capabilities to ensure awareness and support.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Identifying business needs in the area of mobile fraud and security and translating these into project plans and/or new work item descriptions for delivery through FASG and/or the organisation’s Industry Security team.
- Facilitating member-led committees responsible for the development and the delivery of agreed industry initiatives, including shaping and monitoring project/work item scoping and planning.
- Presentations at major industry conferences and seminars, to include communication of analysis, updates and recommendations to security and fraud management practitioners and senior management in the mobile and other industries
- Advocacy of policies and positions to external stakeholders
- Managing multi-national and cross functional teams of 5 – 50 organisations
- Working within cross functional teams of specialists from the marketing, finance, regulatory, technical, and commercial areas of the organisation.
- You will have notable industrial experience and a technical background, ideally with a strong technology degree. Professional security certifications would be advantageous.
- You will have demonstrable understanding of security principles, information security management systems, risk management and vulnerability treatment and response.
- You will have knowledge of the mobile telecommunications industry, specifically the threats faced and technologies used (legacy, current and future), and enjoy the respect of mobile industry security professionals.
- You will have fluent spoken and written English, and you will be able to communicate technical matters to a non-technical audience.
- You will have the ability to demonstrate sound judgment in the prioritisation of competing work assignments, escalation of issues and analytical problem solving.
- You will have effective organisation and project management skills with key attention to detail and delivery of high-quality documentation.
- You will be able to motivate project teams composed of geographically dispersed members from the organisation’s member companies worldwide and enjoy coordinating their activities.
- You will be able to effectively work with others to make up for gaps in your experience or knowledge.
- You will have a strong sense of business ethics and principles, and you will understand and adhere to anti-trust principles.
- You will display cultural understanding and sensitivity, recognising that the company is a global organisation with members from many countries and cultures.
As an ideal candidate, you will have an industry certification such as CISSP and have expert knowledge of Mobile Security, Networks, Fraud Assurance and Emerging Threats and Vulnerabilities. You will also have a proven track record of delivery in a similar role. Please note, this role might also require global travel. This will usually be hybrid working with 1-2 days a week in the City of London.
We seek individuals from a diverse talent pool and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply to our vacancies. Our commitment to fair recruitment processes means that we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of their lived experience or personal characteristics. We also invite applicants who meet most of the listed requirements, even if not all, to apply. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please let us know.
Barclay Simpson acts as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and an Employment Business for temporary/contract engagements.