Applications have closed
Operational Resilience Consultant
Operational Resilience Consultant required for market-leading financial services firm. The role will be focused on supporting the head of Operational Resilience and BC management.
- Act as a relationship manager for Operational Resilience (OpRes) and Business Continuity Management (BCM) in all engagements across firm.
- Ensure the firm has sufficient framework, guidance, and support for effective OpRes and BCM.
- Enhance the firm’s OpRes and BCM strategy, framework, and processes.
- Provide challenge and insight on all aspects of OpRes and BCM activities across the firm.
- This position requires the knowledge and skillset to identify risks within the OpRes and BCM programs, drive remediation efforts accordingly, and monitor until completion.
- Hold business leaders accountable for the quality and effectiveness of their resilience, continuity and incident response plans while providing oversight and guidance during this process.
- Plan, organise and conduct various OpRes and BCM testing and drive remediation efforts and monitor until completion.
- Support the planning and delivery of Operational Resilience Scenario Testing and collate lessons learned for onward discussion and mitigation.
- Support work to upscale the TPRM programme and integrate outputs with the Operational Resilience Framework.
- Support the finalisation and representation of firm’s process and asset mapping initiative.
- Support invocation of the firm’s Recovery Group (DRG) and corresponding Crisis Management plans.
- Support and maintain effective Business Continuity Management Plans for the firm’s location(s).
- Work with the Head of OpRes and broader CIO Team in setting the regional and local recovery strategies, and continuously evolve the program and standards to meet regulatory and business requirements.
- Challenge and agree upon the identified important business services and the effects of their disruption for the next cyclical review.
- Support the end-to-end ‘mapping’ of services, systems, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Support Disaster Recovery Group and key business personnel during the invocation of the recovery process as required during incidents.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with BCM representatives within the business and support delivery of BIAs and BCPs.
- Support the analysis and production of the 2024 Self-Assessment document.
- Support the production and enhancement of metrics and other MI for management meetings and governance reports.
As an ideal candidate, you will have an industry certification such as CBCP, ISO22301 CBCM OR CBRM and have expert knowledge of Operational Resilience, Incident Management & Business Continuity. You will also have a proven track record of delivery in a similar role. Financial services experience is highly advantageous but not essential.
Please note: This can be offered as a day rate contract (umbrella) or FTC.
We seek individuals from a diverse talent pool and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply to our vacancies. Our commitment to fair recruitment processes means that we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of their lived experience or personal characteristics. We also invite applicants who meet most of the listed requirements, even if not all, to apply. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please let us know.
Barclay Simpson acts as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and an Employment Business for temporary/contract engagements.