Applications have closed
Model Validation Lead Manager
Barclay Simpson are pleased to be representing a specialist mortgage bank in their search for a Model Validation Lead Manager. Sitting in the group risk office, this is a newly-created role and part of a firm wide strengthening of the risk management capabilities, and in particular driven by the ongoing IRB application. The successful applicant will be tasked with designing, implementing and then running a firm wide model validation function, including the recruitment and management of a team to deliver the periodic validations. Currently, most of the firms model validation is provided by an external firm and the person they hire into this role will manage the “in-sourcing” of this activity, with responsibility for a small team of model validators. The scope of the role will cover all internal models, mostly credit risk but also covering treasury and capital planning and forecasting
The firm offer fully remote and flexible working and employee’s can be based anywhere in the UK.
- Model Validation framework – effectively engage with senior management to ensure it operates an effective model governance framework across the Group.
- Model Validation – lead on the technical model validations across the model development and use lifecycle.
- Model support – Engage with key functions across the group to ensure validation’s aims, requirements and remit are understood thereby facilitating validation. This includes engagement with model users, development, credit strategy and assurance, audit and the PRA as required to support our IRB application.
- Lead on the validation oversight for all models (material and non-material)
- Be accountable for the maintenance, regular update and accuracy of the model register and the management of the validation schedule.
- Line manage and coach all direct reports, including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration and recruitment
- Experience of working at a management or head of level in a role with a similar governance model.
- Demonstrable experience of credit risk models and techniques within a validation role.
- Significant experience of utilising quantitative analysis.
- Great management skills with an ability to lead technical experts.
- Strong knowledge of model development and validation expectations such as the PRA’s Supervisory statement SS11/13, CRR, CP 6/22 and EBA RTS.
- Specialist knowledge of model governance regulatory and industry best practise expectations.
- Great data modelling and data analysis software skills .
- Up to date knowledge of PRA and EBA requirements, including IRB.
We seek individuals from a diverse talent pool and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply to our vacancies. Our commitment to fair recruitment processes means that we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of their lived experience or personal characteristics. We also invite applicants who meet most of the listed requirements, even if not all, to apply. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please let us know.
Barclay Simpson acts as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and an Employment Business for temporary/contract engagements.