Head of Operational Risk
Job Summary: The Head of Corporate Risk Management Department will serve as the 2nd Line-of-Defence, responsible for overseeing risk management activities across the branch. This includes the Risk Appetite Framework and the Risk Management Framework . The role involves leadership in enterprise risk management and financial risk management to promote a proactive risk culture within the branch.
- Act as the Risk Control Committee Secretariat, collaborating with 2nd Line of Defence risk functions.
- Build risk awareness among staff and provide training in enterprise risk management and financial risk management.
- Continuously develop and enhance the Risk Management Framework and Risk Appetite Framework to align with regulatory and industry practices.
- Develop the branch’s risk capabilities, maintain policies and procedures, and oversee risk strategies.
- Provide independent assessment and monitoring of the branch’s risk profile.
- Responsible for risk oversight over the branch’s business activities and strategic proposals.
- Provide advice, oversight, and challenge to embed risk processes and methodologies.
- Ensure risks are identified, assessed, and monitored, with appropriate action plans.
- Collaborate with 1st and 2nd Lines of Defence for risk reporting.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant university degree or risk management qualification.
- Significant risk management experience, including front office and support/control functions.
- Proficiency in using data for problem identification, monitoring, and reporting.
- Experience with global financial services institutions or consultancy practices is advantageous.
Supervision and Reporting Lines:
- The Head of CRMD reports directly to the Chief Risk Officer (SMF4) and administratively to the Joint/Deputy General Manager (SMF24).
- Internally: Branch-wide Heads of Department, 1st and 2nd Line of Defence, and Head Office.
- Externally: Supervisory Authorities such as FCA, PRA, JSFA, and relevant third parties.
We seek individuals from a diverse talent pool and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply to our vacancies. Our commitment to fair recruitment processes means that we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of their lived experience or personal characteristics. We also invite applicants who meet most of the listed requirements, even if not all, to apply. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please let us know.
Barclay Simpson acts as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and an Employment Business for temporary/contract engagements.