Applications have closed
Data Protection Officer
My client, a global insurer, are in need for a Data Protection Officer. This individual will aid in supporting the business with more general BAU matters relating to Data Protection compliance, as well as understanding, assessing and then managing the scope, design, implementation and rollout of a wider Data Protection compliance framework. This framework, developed in conjunction with the Group DPO, will set the bar for required levels of Data Protection compliance and core control standards.
Key Responsibilities :
- Design and implement a framework to ensure compliance with the UK DPA/UK-GDPR Privacy and The Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), for UK based entities.
- Work closely with the Group DPO to develop and drive a Data Protection strategy that is aligned to the operating model of the business, and helps ensure consistency.
- Establish processes to ensure adequate oversight of compliance posture, including monitoring of compliance with all aspects of the Data Protection Policy.
- Raise awareness of Data Protection, and support training staff and internal audits.
- Monitor the completion of mandatory training by colleagues and take action to ensure maximum take-up.
- Ability to provide risk-based advice.
- Leadership skills achieving stated objectives involving a diverse set of stakeholders and managing varied projects.
- Negotiation skills to interface successfully with key internal and external stakeholder.
- Client relationship skills to continuously coordinate with controllers and processors while maintaining independence.
- 5 years’ experience within a Data Protection compliance field, to include building, implementing and managing data protection programmes within a complex and enterprise-wide organisation.
- Professional qualification with the Data Protection space, and experience in driving compliance improvements in a highly driven and agile entity.
Must have some Insurance experience.
Feel free to reach out to find out more.
We seek individuals from a diverse talent pool and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply to our vacancies. Our commitment to fair recruitment processes means that we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of their lived experience or personal characteristics. We also invite applicants who meet most of the listed requirements, even if not all, to apply. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please let us know.
Barclay Simpson acts as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and an Employment Business for temporary/contract engagements.