Applications have closed
Data Protection Consultant
We are working with leading European Bank currently seeking an experienced Data Protection Consultant to join their dynamic and innovative team.
As the Data Protection Consultant, you will be responsible for supporting the UK banking operations in implementing adequate risk management to comply with UK privacy requirements. This includes acting as the day to day lead for providing timely and informed policy advice, guidance and requirements relating to privacy and records retention requirements across the UK operations.
- Managing the provision of management information, as required, to ensure timely reporting of key privacy controls performance to a variety of stakeholders;
- Maintain appropriate Fair Processing Notices (FPN)s for the bank, and support (and where required drive) branch, Product Owners and other stakeholders implement FPNs within their business processes to ensure fair and transparent collection of personal data by the bank;
- Support the design and implementation of policy framework initiatives to ensure privacy and information security risk is effectively managed across the bank;
- Support (and lead, where required) business units to undertake Privacy Impact Assessments, and provide privacy support and requirements into processes managed by the UK Information Security team (as required), to ensure appropriate risk assessment and treatment of privacy requirements and risks in business units, projects and change initiatives;
- Act as lead Duty Incident Manager on a shared rota basis to manage information security and personal data breaches in accordance with the information security incident management processes, ensuring impacts and risks are appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated
- Solid and demonstrable practical experience of applying and interpreting UK privacy law (e.g. DPA, PECR, GDPR, Lawful Business Practice Regulations, ICO Codes of Practice)
- Strong communicatorand ability to successfully communicate complex data protection requirements to non-technical stakeholders
- Able to work independently, is proactive and can plan, organise and prioritise tasks and projects effectively
- Pragmatic, and effectively balances risk and control requirements with commercial drivers and customer outcomes
Feel free to reach out to find out more.
We seek individuals from a diverse talent pool and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply to our vacancies. Our commitment to fair recruitment processes means that we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of their lived experience or personal characteristics. We also invite applicants who meet most of the listed requirements, even if not all, to apply. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please let us know.
Barclay Simpson acts as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and an Employment Business for temporary/contract engagements.