As a Central Compliance Assistant Vice President, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the bank adheres to all external and internal regulatory compliance requirements. You will be responsible for managing a wide range of compliance-related activities, including external regulatory reporting, Group Compliance regulatory reporting, employee-related compliance matters, including the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), and training coordination. This position requires a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a deep understanding of financial regulations and industry best practices.
- External Compliance Related Regulatory Reporting:
- Collect, analyse, and prepare reports for various external regulatory bodies in compliance with local and international regulations.
- Stay updated on changes in regulatory requirements and ensure timely submissions.
- Group Compliance Regulatory Reporting:
- Collaborate with internal teams to compile data and reports for Group Compliance and ensure alignment with the broader group’s regulatory standards.
- Employee Related Compliance Matters, including SM&CR:
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR) compliance program.
- Monitor and enforce employee compliance with applicable regulations, conduct due diligence checks, and manage record-keeping related to staff compliance.
- Training Coordination:
- Develop and implement training programs to educate employees on compliance matters.
- Track and maintain records of employee training, certifications, and qualifications to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Compliance Audits and Investigations:
- Assist in internal and external compliance audits and investigations as required.
- Identify potential compliance issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Compliance Policy and Procedure Development:
- Collaborate with the compliance team in creating and updating compliance policies and procedures to reflect current regulatory requirements.
- Regulatory Change Management:
- Stay current with regulatory changes and assess their impact on the bank’s compliance policies and procedures.
- Propose and implement necessary updates to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field. Advanced degrees and relevant certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the compliance field within the financial industry, with specific experience in regulatory reporting and employee compliance matters.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant financial regulations, including but not limited to.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with various teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing regulatory requirements.
Hyrbrid working, market level salary plus bonus and benefits are on offer with this role.
Please contact me with your CV ne@barclaysimpson,com for a full JD and salary and benefits information.