Treasury Finance Manager (Hedging)
The Treasury Finance Manager (Hedging) is responsible for managing and overseeing hedge accounting and derivative/HQLA financial control activity for Finance, Treasury, FP&A, Business Partnering and external auditors. The role holder will also develop and produce MI and quantitative analytics to enhance derivative and HQLA reporting. Additionally, the Treasury Finance Manager supports the Group’s FINREP/Regulatory reporting activities and undertakes ad hoc finance projects as determined by senior management.
- Assisting in the delivery of the hedge accounting and fair value accounting responsibilities.
- Ensuring documented processes and controls are in place to deliver accurate financial metrics and improve financial governance.
- Developing and maintaining IFRS compliant design and documentation of hedge accounting designations, de-designations, and re-designations, and associated hedge effectiveness calculations and accounting entries.
- Optimizing hedging strategy for Profit & Loss volatility management and identifying opportunities for both process and strategy developments.
- Maintaining awareness of IFRS exposure drafts and guidance notes as they relate to Treasury products and transactions, coordinating policy development and implementation.
- Confirming hedge accounting account balances on Kapiti subledger and Millennium GL in line with internal policy requirements, including providing commentary and insight on balances.
- Production of IFRS compliant fair value adjustments and accounting entries with supporting audit trail and business process and control documentation for FVOCI assets, those assets and liabilities measured at FVTPL, and derivative instruments.
- Preparation of financial information to support statutory disclosure requirements around derivative instruments, hedge accounting relationships and financial assets and liabilities measured at fair value.
- Technical accounting advice on IFRS valuation requirements and hierarchy, including consideration of net presentation and Profit and Loss volatility management.
Experience & Skills:
- Qualified accountant
- IFRS accounting knowledge, relating to financial instruments and hedge accounting
- Working knowledge of the Finance consolidation process an entity/GL corporation structure
- Experience preparing statutory or management accounts
- Experience of maintaining and developing both micro and macro hedge relationships
- Strong interpersonal and presentational skills
- Detailed financial reporting knowledge, preferably within Financial Services environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your most up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We seek individuals from a diverse talent pool and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply to our vacancies. Our commitment to fair recruitment processes means that we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of their lived experience or personal characteristics. We also invite applicants who meet most of the listed requirements, even if not all, to apply. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please let us know.
Barclay Simpson acts as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and an Employment Business for temporary/contract engagements.