Applications have closed
Systematic Risk Officer
My client is a leading Asset Manager who is seeking a highly motivated Systematic Risk Officer to join our team. As one of the leading absolute return/hedge fund managers, they are dedicated to meeting their clients’ needs. If you have 6-10 years of experience in financial markets and a passion for risk management, this could be the role for you.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and expanding the firm’s state-of-the-art systematic trading platform with direct connectivity to markets for execution and compliance/regulatory control.
- Providing pre-trade and post-trade electronic/algo trading risk analysis and management.
- Developing market risk management knowledge and skills to contribute to intraday and end-of-day market risk coverage.
- Interacting with other Systematic Risk specialists and the broader Risk team, as well as functions including Compliance, Legal, CTO and COO teams.
Work Experience Background:
- 6-10 years’ experience in financial markets with electronic trading risk management experience.
- Exposure to Equity and/or Macro asset classes.
Technical/Business Skills & Knowledge:
- Understanding of electronic execution and controls (pre-trade and post-trade limits, OEMS, etc.).
- Good knowledge of futures markets, stock exchanges and other trading venues/ECNs.
- Strong experience in direct interaction with Front Office (traders/PMs).
- A track record of sound risk management judgement.
- Team player attributes with the ability to collaborate with all areas of the Risk team and other functions as needed.
- Understanding of portfolio market risk analysis (VaR, stress testing, Greeks, etc.).
- Broad asset class/product coverage.
- Knowledge of regulations applying to market-facing activities and the ability to contribute to relevant governance procedures.
Why consider this role:
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment with the support and infrastructure of a large organization.
- Work with a global community of intellectual, passionate, and mission-driven individuals.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply to find out more.
We seek individuals from a diverse talent pool and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply to our vacancies. Our commitment to fair recruitment processes means that we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of their lived experience or personal characteristics. We also invite applicants who meet most of the listed requirements, even if not all, to apply. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please let us know.
Barclay Simpson acts as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and an Employment Business for temporary/contract engagements.