Applications have closed
Financial Risk Manager – Investment Management
I am supporting one of our Abu Dhabi based Investment Managers with their search for a VP level Financial Risk Manager to join the business.
The role holder will be responsible for applying techniques and experience to objectively identify, measure, report and manage financial risks across a diverse portfolio including Interest Rate, Foreign Exchange, Listed Equities, Commodities & Counterparty Investments & Transactions.
The ideal candidate will have a collaborative approach that balances differing views of stakeholders within a challenging and diverse environment. You will also act as a trusted advisor providing support to the leadership and management teams on all matters relating to financial risk management.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Identify and act upon opportunities to further one’s knowledge of, and exposure to, business operations across the organisation in order to develop one’s own professional capabilities.
- Support the development of more junior colleagues through providing regular feedback and on-the-job development.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of functional systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’ in order to improve business processes, productivity and operational efficiency.
- Implement all relevant functional policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Financial Risk Management:
- Develop the group-level methodology, processes and tools in order to deliver a comprehensive financial risk analysis of the portfolio.
- Recognise financial risks, their portfolio effects and recommend holistic solutions.
- Provide guidance on interpreting complex financial risk and market information.
- Identify and synthesize trends in global financial markets, regulatory changes and their impacts on our investment portfolio and lead their implementation.
- Give guidance on analyzing complex offerings from banks.
- Analyze, identify, validate and consolidate group-wide financial risks, and provide detailed insight to the Head of Department and Group CFO to support decision-making.
- Formulate algorithms & methodologies for the accurate quantification of financial risks. i.e. the appropriate Value-at-Risk (VaR) and sensitivities.
- Guide the implementation of risk measurement methodologies.
- Oversee implementation of reporting enablers such as systems and processes and templates.
- Develop group-level reports and presentations in relation to financial risk exposures in order to provide impactful insights and recommendations to aid management decision-making.
- Recommend, structure and present solutions for mitigating identified financial risks to the Divisional leadership team and Group CFO.
- Leads on day-to-day transaction/project management (internal and external). For example, project finance related hedging, execution of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) related Treasury solutions with external counterparties and general execution support within department if/when required.
- Apply industry knowledge to current portfolio to identify, present and execute value creation opportunities for the business.
- Understanding of cross asset measurement techniques and ability to lead their implementations.
- Ability to present complex financial/statistical/mathematical concepts and their relevance to the portfolio to audiences at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify exposures and proactively work across the relevant business units and the organization to structure and present value-add solutions for the organization.
- Able to provide guidance and lead the execution/implementation of set/approved strategies and solutions.
- In depth understanding of the financial markets, financial derivatives, regulatory requirements and the impact on the business.
- Able to lead the execution of financial derivatives and has clear understanding of pricing components/determinants.
- Creates, drives and understands the commercial and financial rationale of a transaction, its structure and decisions.
- Stakeholder relationship management. Build and manage effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provider of Treasury thought leadership in the assets, platform and corporate in order to ensure group-level delivery on Business Unit initiatives.
Apply right away to find out more about this fantastic opportunity.
We seek individuals from a diverse talent pool and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply to our vacancies. Our commitment to fair recruitment processes means that we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of their lived experience or personal characteristics. We also invite applicants who meet most of the listed requirements, even if not all, to apply. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please let us know.
Barclay Simpson acts as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and an Employment Business for temporary/contract engagements.