Applications have closed
Cyber Security Engineer / SME
Security Engineer required for market-leading financial services firm. The role will be centred around the design and delivery of a range of technology-driven security solutions.
- Responsible for the scoping, design, and implementation of technical cyber security solutions.
- Manage, execute, and coordinate activities to deliver multiple technical cyber security projects.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
To always adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out in the Senior Manager & Certification Regime (SMCR).
- Working from the cyber security roadmap, and as assigned, scope requirements and prepare technical specifications to engage in RFP exercises with cyber security vendors thereby ensuring best-fit solutions and value for money.
- Post RFP, planning and executing cyber security solution implementations, which may also include working with the successful vendor, MBCL IT & business teams, and/or additional contractors. Liaising with the Lead Infrastructure Engineer at all stages to ensure wider IT interoperability.
- For each implemented solution compile full documentation and prepare/coordinate training ready for handover to BAU IT teams.
- Working with the Head of IT Infrastructure and cyber security staff to contribute to the cyber security roadmap, policies, and standards.
- In-depth understanding, and experience of implementing, cyber security-based technology, and industry best practices.
- Experience establishing or working within ISO 27001.
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell or Python).
- Network engineering background is desirable.
- Experience with Palo Alto technologies is desirable.
- CISSP qualified.
- CISM is desirable.
- Understanding of Financial Services/Commodities related technology is an advantage.
- Experience implementing or working within NIST Framework.
- Proven track record of implementing or working within Cyber Essentials +.
- Working as one team, collaborating to achieve the desired outcomes of the situation / of team objectives.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, building good relationships both internally and externally.
- Naturally thinking ahead and consciously working towards the future while consistently focusing on improvement.
- Exceeding expectations by delivering above and beyond what is expected of you, adding value in any given situation.
As an ideal candidate, you will have an industry certification such as CISSP & CISM and have expert knowledge of hands-on Security Engineering & Solutions Design. You will also have a proven track record of delivering in a similar role.
We seek individuals from a diverse talent pool and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply to our vacancies. Our commitment to fair recruitment processes means that we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of their lived experience or personal characteristics. We also invite applicants who meet most of the listed requirements, even if not all, to apply. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please let us know.
Barclay Simpson acts as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and an Employment Business for temporary/contract engagements.