Applications have closed
Permanent Control Specialist
Title: Permanent Control Specialist
LOB: Global Risk – GBAM Compliance & Operational Risk
Corporate Title: Up to VP
Our client is currently seeking a forward thinking, highly motivated Risk professional to join their team in Paris as a Permanent Control Specialist. The Control Oversight team is a key function within the legal entity and is responsible for overseeing and ensuring an adequate internal control framework is in place and commensurate to the entity’s size, volume, activities, locations and nature/complexity of inherent risks.
The scope of the role is front to back and covers all risk You will have oversight over control activities and procedures across the 1st line of defense, as well as 2nd line monitoring and testing activity.
Our client is in the business of managing risk and has a dedicated risk culture that is built on a proactive debate of the impact of risks on our company. Their risk management practices allow them to help their customers and clients achieve their goals and to build our company. Every employee is responsible for the management of risk and is accountable for identifying, calling out, debating and mitigating risk issues as part of their day-to-day activities.
- Support preparation of the group monthly Permanent Control Council
- Collect and follow-up on incidents/ op losses and assess their impact on the group control environment
- Build associated control procedures/oversee performance of the controls
- Produce and develop the permanent control metrics and dashboards
- Findings, recommendations and permanent control actions follow up
- Follow up of the SIAI and audit issues impacting the group control environment
- Ensure Legal entity process, risks and controls are updated on an annual basis and changes reflected in the ORCIT tool
- Update Governance procedures and terms of Reference
- Execute monitoring, testing and other control oversight activities, or oversee the conduct of such activities in other areas through the year
- Support deep dives and new product/ project impact analysis on the local control environment
- Participate in regulatory non-financial reporting
- Participate in the enterprise risk and control assessment when needed
- Support preparation of internal reporting
- Promote the control awareness, training and advisory
- Contribute to, and raise, key control governance routines for the entity
- Build regular interactions with op risk and coverage team
- Any other tasks/ projects assigned by the Head of Department
- Join a growing, developing and international team with very good working spirit.
- Their Paris based team has interactions with the Bank’s 3 lines of Defense teams
- Work closely with other Paris based teammates and as well with other teams across the world.
- Exposure to the Senior Business Executive Team and C&OR Management.
- Various opportunities of learning & development thanks to a large scope covered by the function
- Consistent track record of experience in the Banking and Markets area with deep knowledge of end to end activity in this business
- SME in one (or a combination) of: Risk, Front Office/COO, Operations, Middle Office, Finance, Audit, Technology, Controls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- able to present to senior partners in a clear and concise way
- Influencing/negotiation skills and ability to manage debate and conflict professionally
- Able to demonstrate positive teamwork, while also working independently
- Able to collaborate across teams, functions and regions
- Can deliver results in a high energy, dynamic environment and to tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills and reporting skills with attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Strong ability to interpret large volume of data and synthesize relevant information
- Relevant Risk, Control or Audit experience
- Knowledge o bank’s businesses, systems and controls
- Fluent English speaker, French fluency is a plus.
We seek individuals from a diverse talent pool and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply to our vacancies. Our commitment to fair recruitment processes means that we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of their lived experience or personal characteristics. We also invite applicants who meet most of the listed requirements, even if not all, to apply. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please let us know.
Barclay Simpson acts as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and an Employment Business for temporary/contract engagements.